Titanium has a high hardness, lightweight, anti-corrosion characteristics, due to the superior properties and characteristics of titanium, they are made into titanium equipment widely used in industrial, chemical and many other fields.
(1) titanium in many media than stainless steel, aluminum and other stronger corrosion resistance. And the proportion of titanium light, higher than the strength.
Titanium in the air and oxidizing, neutral aqueous medium, the surface is easy to produce dense titanium oxide passivation film, the titanium electrode potential is significantly shifted, greatly improving the thermodynamic stability. The chemical stability was improved by 0.18, 0.34 for a nickel, 0.49 for chromium, 0.74 for aluminum, 0.82 for aluminum and 2.44 for titanium.
(2) titanium does not exist as ferrite steel as low-temperature brittleness problem, titanium can be used as low-temperature -269 degrees low-temperature containers, but because of austenitic stainless steel, aluminum, copper, etc. can also be used as low-temperature containers, And titanium is cheaper, so titanium is rarely used for low temperature fixed containers, in the air, aerospace titanium used as mobile low temperature containers, the use of titanium is the use of high specific strength, light weight characteristics.
(3) in the sea, salt water and other chlorine-containing medium, carbon steel, low alloy steel, general stainless steel, aluminum corrosion resistance are not good, and titanium has a unique excellent corrosion resistance, about 50% of the titanium container In the anti-chlorine-containing media corrosion.
(4) Since the corrosion resistance of titanium is due to the surface oxide film, so the general industrial titanium and titanium alloy in high temperature hydrochloric acid and other strong reducing medium are not corrosion. Ti-32Mo can be resistant to hydrochloric acid corrosion, but its plasticity and process performance are poor, not yet included in the pressure processing of titanium standards, is not included in this standard as a container with titanium.
(5) Titanium Under certain conditions, fuming nitric acid, dry chlorine, methanol, trichlorethylene, liquid nitrous oxide, molten metal salt, carbon tetrachloride and other media may produce combustion, explosion or stress corrosion, so that titanium containers Produce a malignant accident, titanium containers on these media should be avoided or caution.
(6) Titanium will burn at temperatures in excess of 500 C or more than 1200 C. titanium containers may not be exposed to open flames in contact with air and oxygen to avoid burning of titanium containers.
(7) Titanium and titanium containers generally do not require an assessment of impact toughness.
(8) Titanium has excellent corrosion resistance, of which industrial titanium GR1, GR2, more than 90% for the civilian industry to produce a variety of titanium equipment, and these titanium equipment for the production of titanium into a container, So our titanium containers in the titanium industry occupies a pivotal position.